Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Business
Trading Disclosures - Who We Are
The www.theclothesline.org.uk website is owned and operated by Blue Cross, a charity registered in England and Wales (224392) and in Scotland (SCO40154), whose registered office is Blue Cross, Shilton Rd, Burford, OX18 4PF
How to Get in Touch
If you have any queries you can get in touch with us by email at [email protected] This email address is being protected from spambots, or by filling out an online enquiry form in the Contact us part of this website or by telephoning us on 0300 777 1897
To Whom this Website is Aimed
This website is only aimed at persons within the United Kingdom, who are over eighteen years of age.
The content of this website is protected by copyright, trademarks, database right and other intellectual property rights. You may retrieve and display the content appearing on the website on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not on a server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use provided that you keep intact all copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the website without written permission from The Clothes Line.
Availability of the Website and Freedom from Faults or Infection
The Clothes Line does not promise that this website will be fault free or available at all times. The Clothes Line does not promise that the contents of this website are free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties and The Clothes Line shall have no liability in respect of any such infection. The Clothes Line will however take all reasonable measures, such as the use of recognised anti-virus software, to protect its systems and data from viruses or similar programs.
Your Risks and Responsibilities
You agree that you download or otherwise access material from or through this website entirely at your own risk and that you alone will be responsible for any resulting loss of or damage to any hardware, software or data whatsoever. You will be responsible for such loss or damage even if it is reasonably foreseeable or The Clothes Line had been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage (or both).
You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to put in place and maintain sufficient security procedures and virus checks to protect your computer equipment, software, data and any other property that may be affected in consequence of you accessing or using or downloading material from this website or any website linked to this website.
The Clothes Line expressly disclaims to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability for any loss or damage arising from the use or inability to use this website or any of its contents and materials, or from any action taken or omission made as a result of using this website or any such contents.
For the purposes of the above disclaimer “loss or damage” includes any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including, but not limited to, loss of business opportunities, loss of profits, loss of goodwill, wasted expenditure, loss of data or any loss in consequence of business interruption) however arising and whether in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence or breach of statutory duty) or otherwise.
The Clothes Line is not responsible for the contents of any other website that can be accessed through this website and does not accept any liability in connection with any such other website.
Information About Other Products or Services
From time to time we may send you information about the facilities we offer or the services of our members that we think may be of interest to you. You can tell us to stop this at any time by sending an e-mail to [email protected] This email address is being protected from spambots.
Monthly E-mail Marketing
We may send you our monthly e-mail marketing if you have previously notified us that you consent to this for the time being. You can tell us to stop this at any time by sending an e-mail to [email protected] This email address is being protected from spambots.
Changes to Your Details
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with, please contact us at [email protected] This email address is being protected from spambots.
We have implemented technology and policies to safeguard the information that we hold about you from unauthorised access and improper use.
Linking to Third Party Websites
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from this website and we recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
In addition, if you linked to this website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and we recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Transferring Your Information outside Europe
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to us at [email protected] This email address is being protected from spambots, or write to us at The Clothes Line Administration, Unit 137 Hartlebury Trading Estate, Hartlebury, Worcestershire, DY10 4JB
Terms and Conditions of Business
1. Request Bag Form and Your Giving Account
1. If you want to offer clothes (which in these Terms and Conditions of Business includes clothes, shoes and accessories) to us, that is to say to the Blue Cross, trading as The Clothes Line, you must first complete the Request Bag form on the www.theclothesline.org.uk website to ask for a Return bag; that is to say one of the bags that we supply to those who want to offer clothes to us.
2. We are under no obligation to comply with your request for a Return bag, whether made in a Request Pack form or otherwise.
3. By completing a Request Bag form on the www.theclothesline.org.uk website you warrant that you are over 18 years of age and that the information that you give in the form is true and accurate in every respect and you also agree:
• To inform us promptly of any change in that information;
• Only to send clothes to us in one of our Return bags using our Designated Courier, that is to say the courier that we have chosen for this purpose;
• Only to offer us clothes that meet the quality standards described in clause 4 (Quality Standard) below and no other goods.
4. By completing the Request Bag form, you instruct The Clothes Line to create and maintain a Giving account for you. This account will contain the information you provide when completing the Request Bag form. You further agree that:
• The information held shall be accessible by The Clothes Line for our own purposes
• It is your responsibility to update and maintain the accuracy of the information held;
• That The Clothes Line has the absolute right to maintain your account until such a time as we see fit to terminate your account.
2. How to Send us Clothes and Accessories
1. If we supply you with a Return bag and you want to offer clothes & accessories to us, you must:
• Place items in a Return bag;
• Ensure that you have the right to donate all items and they meet our “What we’d Like criteria.
• Close the full Return bag securely
• Notify us when the full Return bag is ready so that we can arrange for its collection by our Designated Courier
• Only despatch clothes to us in a full and properly closed Return bag using the Designated Courier.
2. You must only offer us items that meet the quality standards described in clause 4 (Quality Standards) below and you must only send them to us in one of our Return bags and by using our Designated Courier.
3. By allowing our Designated Courier to collect a Return bag from you, you irrevocably:
• Instruct us to examine the contents of the Return bag and to value the clothes in it;
• Acknowledge and agree that damage may be caused to the contents of the Return bag in the course of processing them for resale;
4) In the instance items do not meet our “What we’d like” criteria for acceptance;
• Accept that the contents of the Return bag will not be returned to you
• Authorise us to dispose of on your behalf and in such manner as we shall see fit all or part of the contents of any Return bag.
3. How it works
1. If we receive notice from you that you have a Return bag full of clothes ready for collection, we will ask our Designated Courier to arrange to collect the Return bag from you.
2. After our Designated Courier delivers the Return bag to us, we will examine the contents of the Return bag and value the clothes in it.
3. Following our examination of the contents of the Return bag we will send you an email acknowledging receipt of the Return bag.
4. Quality Standards and “What we’d Like” Criteria 1. The clothes that you send us must meet the following quality standards, namely they must be:
• Undamaged and without significant signs of wear and tear;
• Not stained or soiled in any way;
• Suitable for retail sale to consumers in England;
• Must not smell of tobacco smoke
6. Gift Aid
All donations you give to Blue Cross via The Clothes Line could be worth an additional 25 pence for every £1 you give. If you pay UK tax, either income tax or capital gains tax all your donations are eligible for Gift Aid. This means that the government will refund the charity for the tax that you have paid on that donation and any subsequent donations at the basic rate of tax. All that is required is that you agree to gift aid all your donations to Blue Cross and every £1 that you give will be worth £1.25 to us. And it doesn’t matter how large or small your donation is. The only requirement on your part is that you pay a total amount in tax that is at least equal to the total amount that the charity claims on your behalf in any one tax year. If you stop paying tax at any time in the future all you need to do is inform us and we will cancel your Gift Aid declaration.
Your declaration can be made either in advance or at any time after your donation, up to a period of 4 years, which is the time limit for the charity to reclaim the tax.
Higher Rate Tax Payers
If you are higher rate tax payer you can claim higher rate tax relief for your donations on either income tax or capital gains tax
Non UK residents and members of the Armed Services
If you are a Crown servant or a member of the armed services or are a non-resident UK tax payer you can also qualify for a gift aid declaration.
Companies do not have to pay tax on their contributions to charities; which means that the gross amount goes straight to the charity. In addition the company doesn’t have to make a gift aid declaration of any kind. It is very easy to Gift Aid your donations with The Clothes Line using our online system. We can also take your Gift Aid declaration over phone on 0300 777 1897. If you have agreed to Gift Aid your donations over the telephone, you will receive confirmation of this agreement in writing; which will confirm what you have agreed and a note explaining your rights to cancel the declaration at any time.
Alternatively if you have any further questions that you would like answered about Gift Aid please contact [email protected] or call 0300 777 1897.
You may not assign, delegate, sub-contract, mortgage, charge or otherwise transfer any or all of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions of Business.
No waiver by us of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions of Business shall be considered to be a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision of these Terms and Conditions of Business.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Business is held by any court or any other competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Business and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
10. Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions of Business and any contract between you and us shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
11. Third Parties
No provision in these Terms and Conditions of Business is intended to be for the benefit if any third party and no provision in these Terms and Conditions of Business shall be enforceable by any third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999